Saturday, August 21, 2010

Learning Disabled

I have a LD. I am ten years old and I can't do math. Only +'s. Have LD is hard. Kids make fun of you all the time. When the teacher asks you a Question and you don't know all the kids laugh at you and say that was sooo easy. Then you have to stay in for lunch till your done and now you can't even eat your food. But now I am at a better school. I love this school. But I am not like the other kids so nobody knows how i feel. But when my mom was sick she was disabled. So she know How I feel but she doesn't know what to do so she gives me math all summer to help, it kinda helps but it's so hard. But my Grandma always says Disabled people are smarter. I always feel like i am like trapped in a tiny place like a small box or something.
- Sofie

5 comments:

  1. Sofie, I'm sorry to hear that you feel so different and that you are struggling. Remember that although we are all more the same than different, we DO all have our differences. Unfortunately, schools come with a set of things that everyone must "learn" (what they call curriculum), and because of that, most kids feel that there are things they are not good at or can't do, but really, perhaps those kids are not interested in thos subjects yet, or those subjects don't make sense the way they are presented to them. We learn all the time, and don't actually need people to "teach" us things in order for us to learn them. It helps to have things explained at times, or for people to show us things we've never seen or heard about before. But really, we learn things when we are ready to and if we are interested in those things/or they are important to us. Do what you can and remember that all the things you CAN do are what make you a wonderful person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning disabled too! In fact, every school classroom has about 3 kids in it with learning disabilities.

    We may have trouble learning but we're smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grandma I want you to tell papa thanks for Deloris.(my doll) And I am so excited for tom!

    ReplyDelete